Courier Rates within New Zealand
Shipping will be automatically calculated at checkout when you type in your address.
Our items are either very heavy or very delicate and therefore we make considerable effort to ensure they are packaged and shipped to reach you quickly and in perfect condition.
- We ship to anywhere in New Zealand.
- Where possible we aim to dispatch orders within 3 working days from our Auckland based location (orders made on Friday and over weekends will be processed on Monday and shipped the following day).
- Orders received over/during public holidays will be dispatched as soon as possible when we're-open for business. Look out for notices re our closing dates during the Christmas/New Year period.
- We can't do anytime deliveries - couriers will collect and deliver when they are in the area.
- Please note that we prefer to deliver to a physical address.
- Orders will be automatically dispatched to the address provided at checkout, please ensure the correct shipping address is supplied. Once your order has been dispatched we cannot change the shipping address. It may be possible for the courier company to redirect your order. Please contact the courier company directly to discuss your options. Incorrect addresses will cause delays and alternately the parcel will be returned to us causing you to pay for it to be re-dispatched to you again.
- Orders are shipped by Courier Post, unless other service is requested which will incur an extra cost to the customer.
- In general Courier Post service's delivery to your door will take no more than 2-3 working days after processing your order, following dispatch to North Island addresses (some deliveries to regional, rural delivery addresses will usually take one to two days longer) and 3-7 working days for South Island addresses and South Island Rural addresses. Weekends, public holidays, adverse weather events and infrastructural complications may cause additional delays.
- Days around Public Holidays and Valentine's day; Mother's and Father's day is usually causes couriers to be extremely inundated so please ensure you place your orders early. See 'Peak Period Delivery' for more information. We appreciate your patience.
Let's get it right the first time
- Deliveries are by signature: Please help us to do a perfect delivery for you by checking that someone is at home or work to receive your delivery.
- If no-one is home a calling card will be left. If you choose to have it delivered by non-signature please note that Firelight will not take responsibility for any loss or damage to your parcel.
- Sorry, we are unable to ship orders to customers overseas
IMPORTANT NOTE: You should select the correct shipping options or your order may not be fulfilled and your money will be refunded or you may have the choice to be billed for the difference:-
Every 5 kg incur another $10 where it comes to the heavy boxes of lamp oil or fuel cells.
- We will email you first in case you'd prefer to add an online payment to make up for the shortfall.
- If your address is rural; or
- Your parcel for your order is too be heavy.
Auckland - (In order to receive you within the same week as you've placed your order)
- Auckland Overnight - must order before 3pm (Monday to Thursday only)
- Auckland Saturday Delivery- order before 3pm Friday night and specify in Instructions that you want your order to be delivered on a Saturday.
- Auckland Rural delivery - must order before 3pm (Monday to Thursday only). See 'Rural Delivery' for more information.
North Island - (In order to receive you within the same week as you've placed your order)
- Overnight - Order before 3pm the day before (Monday to Thursday only)
- Overnight - Parcels weighing 10kg and over Order before 3pm the day before (Monday to Thursday only)
- Saturday delivery to major cities. Order before 3pm Friday - Click here to see if your address is serviced on a Saturday
- Rural delivery - takes 2-3 days after order processing period - Click here to check if rural See 'Rural Delivery' for more information.
Please note: Some suburbs and regional towns will not be serviced by standard couriers. The parcels are passed onto NZ Post and will be delivered by a rural driver.
Some rural drivers don't deliver every day and this is why we can't pinpoint a delivery date.
South Island - (In order to receive you within the same week as you've placed your order)
- South Island Overnight delivery - Order before 3pm (Monday to Wednesday only) NZ $10.00 per each parcel weigh up to 5kg each
- Rural delivery - (allow 3-5 days for delivery) - Click here to check if rural. See 'Rural Delivery' for more information.
- Saturday delivery to major cities Order before 3pm Friday - Click here to see if your address is serviced on a Saturday
- Rural Delivery
Please allow for at least 3-7 working days from dispatch for delivery. In these areas we cannot guarantee a delivery date. Some suburbs and regional towns will not be serviced by standard couriers.
The parcels are passed onto NZ Post and will be delivered by a rural driver. Some rural drivers don' deliver every day and this is why we can't pinpoint a delivery date.
In peak periods such as Christmas we will endeavour to have your parcel delivered on the requested delivery date, however due to courier delays and circumstances outside of our control we cannot guarantee delivery dates at these times of year. Peak periods are Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day and Christmas.
In the month of December we can't not guarantee delivery dates and time deliveries. We will always try our best but it will depend on the couriers.
- If you have not received your order within two weeks, or if you have any other questions regarding your transaction, please contact us at email@example.com
Please be sure to provide your name, email address, and the date of your purchase when requesting an update. We answer emails Mon-Fri during business hours. Please be patient when requesting information over the weekend.
- Goods damaged in transit will be replaced at no cost to you. Return the parcel complete for replacement within 7 days of invoice date. Freight charges may apply.
- Candles are handcrafted within the limits of the artist represented. Candle reservoirs are guaranteed with the exception of damages by misuse or abuse. We will replace candles found defective in materials and/or workmanship.
Packaging and Delivery Within New Zealand
- Depends on location. Please ensure you enter the correct address.
Thank you for shopping at Firelight Candles and having such great taste in candles!